Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Three - dinner

Day three is basically over, I can't believe it!

Seth came home from school and took a nap while I made myself lunch.

Can you spot the brat cat?

I prepared two simple turkey patties - one for me, one for Seth - with onions, salt, pepper, parsley and onion powder. I made spinach and zucchini for quick sides.

Best lunch ever.

After cleaning up, I was naughty.

I measured my waist.

I wasn't expecting anything. I didn't feel any different, except fuller. I've been eating nonstop (or at least that's what it feels like to me) so I wasn't going to set myself up for good news.

Until I realized I lost an inch in my waist. I wasn't sucking in. I re-measured myself three times. One inch. I then incredulously measured my thigh, and was down half an inch. The hell? It's only day three!

I'll admit, I did a super happy dance and immediately told Seth about it. We measured him later and he was down an inch and half inches from his waist to his pelvis. Then we both did a happy dance. Woo! Then I treated myself to some badass watermelon.


Amazinggggg. My favorite thing to eat ever. Besides zucchini. Maybe.

Anyway, so about dinner. I'm just going to throw out there that I'm super dumb. We bought two packages of chicken thighs, thinking there were only two each inside, and I cracked up when I realized there were four per container. Oops.

So tonight's dinner -

I preheated the oven at 375 and put all eight chicken thighs into a 13 x 9 pan. I smeared olive oil on the thighs and sprinkled salt, pepper and paprika on top. In a separate bowl I tossed baby carrots with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and thyme.

 Boom.

Then I shoved the carrots underneath the thighs. In retrospect I probably should have thrown the carrots in the pan first, but shut up.


I baked this for 45 minutes but wasn't satisfied with how the skin turned out (soft) so I baked for ten more minutes at 400. I then separated the chicken from the carrots onto a baking sheet and put the oven on high broil for five minutes. This perfected the chicken and made the skins crispy and smoky.

Perfection.
  
When I got up and had my back turned, my cat jumped onto the table and ran off with a piece of chicken skin. When Seth got up to grab the skin from her, she growled. My cat, in her short dumb life, has NEVER growled or hissed. She'll be two years old in November. NEVER. Ever. Frankly, Seth and I were shocked and a little nervous, so we let her have it. I never give her scraps so if she liked my chicken that much, well,  she could have it. -__-

Day three is complete, and we're feeling better than ever. ♥

Tomorrow morning I'll be making spinach and egg muffins. I'm super stoked even though Seth isn't. I know he'll adore them though! :)


6 comments:

  1. Lmao I hate how you scoop out watermelon with a spoon gurl. We can't live together.
    Your chicken looks PERFECT.
    Um who the EFF does Freya think she is!?! Terrible twos smh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't eat it sliced! I don't want juice anywhere on me! The chicken was perfect ♥ When I was broiling it actually set off my smoke detector lmao! But at least we got good chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um I feel like every time I'm home alone cooking I set off the smoke detector. Then I start freaking out because I don't want the fire department to show up just because I like my meat medium well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao right?? I'm always paranoid the neighbors are going to be pounding down my door. Did you say you like you meat medium well? Is this for beef?? Because I can't stand a rare steak and that makes me an outcast :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah gurl beef! NO RARE STEAK EVER. I will take my pork medium though. I used to order steak well done but they just started burning it, so reducing it to medium well made it just right ♥

      Delete
    2. Yesss I'm always medium well too! ♥ When I go to Texas De Brazil (like Fogo) you can custom order meat to be cooked the way you want but I usually just settle on medium because sometimes they take forever to bring it out.

      Delete