Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First dinner

Seth had to run to his parents' for a few hours, so I made us some turkey burgers with salt, pepper, minced onions and pepper mixed in the meat to hold us over before dinner, since it would be late.


Unlike ground beef, this lean ground turkey NEEDS the pan to be greased, so I used a bit of olive oil.

While they were cooking, I began to marinate the pan fry top round steak for tonight's dinner.

Marinade:
Lime juice
Ground ginger
Minced garlic
Salt
Pepper



I threw it in the fridge for a few hours, and finished up cooking the turkey burgers. I made a side of squash to go with it.


Badass snack.

When dinnertime rolled around, I pulled out some broccoli and cauliflower to make as a side.



 Because my colander is weird, this steaming process takes 25-30 minutes.

When the time came, I threw some olive oil in my pan and began to cook the steaks. I also started on an oil topping for the broccoli/cauliflower in a separate pan, which consisted of olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and lemon juice.



Time to eat!


The only thing I'd change about this dish would be to add less lime juice to the marinade. Seth and I enjoyed them just fine but they were really lime-y.

Finally, my little beggar:

Meet Freya, my bratty cat.


-___-

This now concludes our first day on the Whole30! All in all a fun, successful day. Because we were eating consistently all day there was no time to miss any foods. We both ran into headaches at one point of the day but this was to be expected and it was nothing ibuprofen didn't fix. Today definitely was inspiring!




4 comments:

  1. I've never had cauliflower :( Yet Freya has. I don't like this. I love how silly she looks in all pictures.
    But the fact that your snack is like a mini meal makes this very enticing :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Seth is feeding her but he actually had his fork dangling there while watching tv and Freya happened to be right there like the brat she is. We're constantly shoving her off of the table but nothing works -__-

    It felt like a huge snack, which I loved because we didn't eat until waaay late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO I thought he WAS feeding her and I was like, that's gross. But some people love their pets like children so I thought it might be a touchy subject lololol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we refuse to feed her scraps, she's fat enough as it is lmao.

    ReplyDelete