Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day Two - dinner

So about an hour or two before dinner I had zucchini as a snack. Zucchini is literally my favorite vegetable, I could eat it all day every day. I usually nuke it in the microwave for six minutes. If I'm making about four or so, I put it in for ten minutes. This also highly depends on the type of microwave you have. I've been doing the ten minute time frame for years and years, and when I attempted this with Seth's microwave the zucchini came out blackened.

So yeah.

So yeah.

I eat it plain and dry if anyone cares. Sometimes I even sprinkle a dash of salt on top if I'm feeling daring.

Tonight for dinner I made my old fashioned hamburgers recipe without all of the "bad stuff," no Worcestershire, no bread, no ketchup. In the 1lb of ground beef I blended the leftover ingredients- salt, pepper, one egg, and chopped onion. Tonight I also added chives to the mix to give it an extra something. Thankfully they still tasted just as amazing without the bread and sauces!


I threw them into the pan, browned each side once, then covered the pan to allow the burgers to cook inside faster. While they were cooking I threw together some chopped onions and peppers and sauteed them for a garnish.



Not the prettiest presentation, but they were incredible and I got two huge thumbs up from Seth.

Day two was awesome. No cravings, no problems. I ran into another headache but that's because I'm dumb and didn't stay hydrated, something that has always been a huge problem for me. Day three is looking exciting! All I need to do tonight is take out an egg to warm on the counter so I can make some mayo for Seth's lunch tomorrow.

:)

2 comments:

  1. We literally just had a heart to heart on Facebook chat about how we don't hydrate. You know what helps? Vanity. I keep reminding myself that drinking water will make my skin look beautiful. It's the only time I actually finish non-alcoholic beverages lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good inspiration, as well as avoiding seriously annoying headaches -__- Lmao lush.

    ReplyDelete