Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day Sixteen - Twenty One

I'm back and STILL on the Whole30. My computer hasn't been working all week so I'm taking this rare "working" opportunity to quickly jot down my progress.

Breakfasts and lunches have pretty much been the same since we started. We both eat eggs for breakfast (omelette city) and he eats his packed lunches of lettuce wrapped ham with fruit on the side, while I'll eat leftovers or turkey.

Seth's PERFECT omelette.

 Lmao can you tell I pack in way too many veggies?

Dinners have continued to be fun. I tried out sweet mashed potatoes suggested by my close friend Jahaira (who is also my dedicated commenter) and they were amazing. Just boil, toss coconut milk/cream in and mash. I added some cinnamon as well. Also... sweet potatoes are a nightmare to chop up. Just wanted to throw that in there.


Coconut milk is amazing. I could stand there and eat the cream on top until I pass out. It reminds me too much of pina coladas so I tend to just stay away altogether.

Anyway, we also tried out turkey brats and they were much better than the sweet italian turkey sausage we previously tried. The italian turkey sausage was too similar to breakfast sausage, which Seth hates (I'm not a fan either).

I also made a super quick pot roast minus potatoes. I took a roast, carrots, onions, and spices and threw them into an oven bag at 350 for an hour and a half.

 Before...

 After!


Anyway, that about sums up the past six days. Soon we'll be a week away from completion : )

1 comment:

  1. I loathe that your computer isn't working.

    Seth's omelette is perfect. Yours is...vegetables with some eggs thrown in lmao!

    SHOUTOUT FOR ME ♥ Gurl, I don't bother chopping the sweet potatoes. I just microwave them, 5 minutes at a time and turning them until they're soft, usually 20 minutes for big ones and 15 for smaller. Then I let them cool, slice them in half and literally scoop out the potato with a spoon since they're really soft by then. Then I mash and add the milk, I love quick ♥

    I don't really like breakfast sausage either. Triplets!

    Get back online k thanx.

    ReplyDelete