Monday, September 10, 2012

Day Thirteen and Fourteen - The weekend

Another weekend has passed!

Saturday

Breakfast/lunch was an omelette containing peppers, tomato, spinach and mushrooms ♥ We got up pretty late so first meal was technically skipped. I made Seth a turkey burger.

Dinner - Baked chicken thighs with mashed garlic cauliflower "potatoes" similarly made from the recipe Melanie linked to on her blog.

I decided to try out microwave steaming with the cauliflower since I do it regularly with squash and zucchini and stove top steaming with my colander is a pain in the ass. I chopped up the cauliflower into florets and threw it into a bowl along with three chopped cloves of garlic. I filled the bowl with an inch of water, loosely covered it, and threw it into the microwave for thirteen minutes. It came out perfectly and was so much faster than stove top, which can take as long as fifty minutes with my colander.


After they were cooked, I threw it into a blender (half at a time) with ghee and salt until it was blended. I didn't use nutmeg because mine had expired lol.

Since the chicken still didn't thaw out all the way, I just upped the temperature to 400F and baked for 50 minutes and broiled on high for 3 minutes. Perfect chicken : )

Um.. ignore the gross grease marks.

I added chives to the "potatoes."

Behold, chives in this gorgeously vibrant picture.


Sunday

We were pretty much out of food since it was grocery day.

For breakfast/lunch (another late start) we had chicken leftovers. Since we eat a lot of vegetables, we touch the fruit sparingly so there was enough for a snack to hold us over until dinner.


Dinner was lettuce-wrapped burgers again. This week will have much healthier dinners than Friday and Sunday for sure. As much as I love the weekend, I like the uniform meal planning the days of the week have.

Day fifteen will be here tonight ; )

2 comments:

  1. OMG day 15 being here tonight means you're halfway done!! GURL. That FLEW. By the end of this week you'll be 2/3 done! I love fractions.

    I'm the laziest omelette maker ever so I literally always end up just scrambling all my vegetables with my eggs lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I can't believe I'm halfway done today!!

    Gurl I couldn't flip an omelette to save my life. I recently just perfected them when I make Seth's breakfast. Then when it comes to my own I end up screwing them up but whatever -___-

    ReplyDelete